And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into His image with ever increasing glory, which coms from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18
- As we continue to seek the Lord in this time, He will not only show Himself strong in our congregational midst but also in our individual lives.
- Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.
1After the death of Moses the servant of the Lord, the Lord said to Joshua son of Nun, Moses’ aide: 2“Moses my servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them—to the Israelites. 3I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. 4Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates—all the Hittite country—to the Mediterranean Sea in the west. 5No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. 6Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land, I swore to their ancestors to give them. 7“Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.
- Vs 1 – 4; – The responsibility to take hold of what God has granted you starts with your first step. An effort to reach out for the promises of God
- Faith without works is dead. Just as God desired to save us, He sent His Son to save us through His death and resurrection.
- God clearly demarcates where you ought to possess.
- When you receive the promises of God, it is like cheque written in your name, but unless you pass and cash it at the bank, looks merely good until it expires. Then we forfeit the blessing of God
- Be strong and courageous – When God already declares you strong, He has already built that capacity into you. You will need to take the first step to exercise it.
- When you feel weak, remember that God is strong in you.
- Vs 7 – Never depart from the law of the Lord. It is our heritage John 16:33
- What has God told me that I need to act into? What am I going to do?
- You have the ability to take action on your fallow ground
- There is a place of steadiness that we ought to maintain. That the waves of the life come and yet you remain steadfast on the promises of God