· Ask God to open their spiritual eyes (2 Cor. 4:4). The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
· Ask God to give them ears to hear (Matt. 13:15), For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.’
· Ask God to give them faith to believe (Acts 20:21 have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.
25th August 2016
· Pray for the lost to be saved according to the will of God (I Timothy 2:1-4; I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. I
· Pray for a witness of love to be among the brethren and for the lost John 5:13-15 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.
· Be merciful to those who doubt; Jude 1:22
26th August 2016
· Pray for God to use us in the harvest (Isaiah 6:8 Mathew 22:9; Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.
27th August 2016
· Ask God to give them the will to respond (Rom. 10:9). Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
· Ask God to send people into their lives to witness to them (Matt. 9:37-38). then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”
28th August 2016
· Pray for the door to be opened for the preaching of the gospel (I Corinthians 16:9; because a great door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many who oppose me.
· II Corinthians 2:12 12 Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ’s gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord,
· Pray for there to be power for witnessing (Acts 1:8; But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
· I Corinthians 2:4). My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power,
Pray for boldness to share the gospel (Acts 4:29-31; Ephesians 6:19). Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel
· Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness. Stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.”
After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.
Pray for unity among believers (Psalm 133:1-3 How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity! It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron’s beard, down on the collar of his robe. It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the Lord bestows his blessing, even life forevermore.
For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them Matthew 18:20).
Pray for wisdom among believers (Proverbs 11:30; The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and the one who is wise saves lives
· Daniel 12:3 Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever.
29th August 2016
· Ask God for boldness to witness the Word and nothing else Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage–with great patience and careful instruction (Acts 4:29).
· Ask God for an opportunity to invite them (Luke 14:23).
· Ask God to set them free from spiritual captivity (2 Tim. 2:25-26). Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.
30th August 2016
· SPIRITUAL WARFARE AGAINST SPIRITS AS LED OF GOD – EPHESIANS 6: 10-18
31st August 2016
· Pray for the backsliders to have the ability to receive the grace of God.
· Pray for the backslider may have lived very immorally, and it is sometimes hard for him to imagine the Father ever wanting him back. Pray that he would be able to receive the Father’s love and forgiveness.
· Pray for the Lord to pour out His riches when the backslider returns.
· Pray that the Lord would lavish His love on the backslider and pour out blessings of every kind—spiritually, emotionally, physically, and financially.
PRAYER AND FASTING GUIDE