Who we are
Entebbe Child Development Centre (ECDC) is a child development ministry under Deliverance Church Entebbe in partnership with Compassion International. Located along Basude Rise in Kiwafu Central, 1 km from Entebbe town, the project started in 2003 with the registration of vulnerable children that are total or partial orphans, abandoned or neglected children, children with both parents but very needy between the ages of 3 to 9 years. These children regardless of family or religious background stay in the programme until they are 22 years of age.
ECDC-UG 512 uses a four pronged approach that is; a Christ centered, Child focused,Church based and Community driven Organisation.
SDR is our Sponsor Donor Relations ministry which helps the beneficiary interface with the sponsors through the various channels stipulated by Compassion international Uganda. This is the correspondence arm of the program. children get to write to their sponsors, exchange gifts and even visitation are conducted by sponsors.
Efforts have been geared towards health promotion, disease prevention as well as curative programming. We work together with the community, caregivers and our health service providers to ensure good health practices. ECDC critically addresses the issue of HIV/AIDS, personal hygiene and malaria infection. These are the more prevalent issues in our communities.
Talent development initiatives, child protection advocacy efforts and socialization based activities have been taken into consideration.
Discipleship programs, evangelism and ministry opportunities to enhance child growth in Christ have been implemented. By the end of the program, the child would be able to demonstrate the commitment to the lordship of Jesus Christ.
Deliverance Church supports the poor and vulnerable children in the community and supports their social, economic and spiritual development to realise mature self reliant christian adults who strive to make a difference in their community.
Counting Our Blessings
Our work through the 16 years of existence in Kiwafu Central, we include, graduating children from the programme with a University Degrees in various fields, diplomas of vocational studies like Electrical installation and other institutions, several students from inception completing their high school studies in various secondary school, while others in the tender ages in their primary schools.
Other interventions of the ECDC include;
- Paying school fees and give other scholastic materials to the registered children,
- Providing start-ups inform of income generating projects within children’s homes,
- Training children in business and livelihood skills for example candle making, baking, carpentry, Hair dressing, Tailoring, Music, Computer and Horticulture. This has boosted children’s skills in generating income for their families,
- Training caregivers in positive parenting, business skills, health issues,
- Providing domestic assistance to all highly vulnerable children, Started a saving scheme for PLWH/A (Tusubira savings scheme) and more.